Hip replacement surgery is made to remove the damaged part of the hip joint with the replacement of a part which is made of ceramic, metal or plastic that is very hard. This procedure helps to reduce the pain and develop the function of the hip joint. With the advancement of the technology and medical science, Hip Replacement Surgery in India has become more improved and you can get the proper treatment making this surgical procedure.
Conditions for Hip Replacement Surgery
Here is listed some conditions which can lead to making hip replacement surgery due to damage of the hip joint.
- Osteonecrosis: In this condition, the bone can be collapsed and deformed due to insufficient supply of blood to the part of the ball which is present in the hip joint.
- Osteoarthritis: When the slick cartilage, which helps to cover the end part of the bones and to move the joint easily and smoothly, is damaged, the condition is called osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This condition is caused by the overactive system of immunity which makes one type of inflammation which leads to eroding cartilage and generally underlying bones that helps for resulting the damage and deformities of the joints.
- Some Other Condition of Hip Pain: Sometimes, hip pain persists after taking the medicine; facing problems to go up as well as go down through the stairs; feeling difficulties to stand up position from the sitting position; walking with the worst condition using a walker or a cane; all of these conditions cause hip replacement surgery.
Risks for Hip Replacement Surgery
Risks, which are related to the hip replacement surgery, are given below.
- Clotting of Blood: After making the hip replacement surgery, clots can be formed in the veins of legs. This is very harmful because if a piece of clot is broken, it starts travelling to the lung, heart or brain. At this condition, the doctors prescribe the medicine which helps for thinning of blood to reduce the risk of this surgical procedure.
- Causing Fracture: Sometimes, the fracture of the hip joint can be corrected using wires, metal plate, pins and bone graft. Hip replacement surgery will be made for this condition.
- Causing Infection: Infection can affect the site of the incision as well as the tissues of the new hip joint. Sometimes, major infections can be cured with antibiotics, the surgical procedure is essential for the removal or the replacement of the prosthesis.
- Causing Dislocation: After the hip replacement surgery, the ball region of the new hip joint can be dislodged due to certain positions. Then, the doctor can fit the brace for keeping the hip properly at the correct position or to stabilize it and the surgical procedure is essential for it.
- Causing Change in the Length of Leg: Sometimes, after the replacement of the new hip, the length of two legs becomes unequal due to contracture of the surrounded muscles of the hip joint. At this condition making strength and stretch of those muscles are required to solve this problem.
Causing Loosening: Over the time, the new hip joint can be loosening which may cause pain in the hip region. Then, the surgery can be needed for the fixation of the problem.